Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-19-2012, 01:25 AM   #11
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

^^^ Thats awesome! I actually trained in shudokan karate for 11 years. earned my first degree certified blackbelt. Thats the culprit to my achy knee and most likely my lower back too...

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:34 AM   #12
ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
^^^ Thats awesome! I actually trained in shudokan karate for 11 years. earned my first degree certified blackbelt. Thats the culprit to my achy knee and most likely my lower back too...
thats friggin sweet, and dedicated. im more of a part time guy. I teach the courses at my unit and organize competitions and all that jazz, but im too injury prone to really go into it hard... wich sucks. I was a wrestler in HS and Rob keeps pushing me to do it more seriously... he tells me i'm a natural and could probably go pro MMA with about a year of hard training. I just dont think i got the heart or body for it anymore.

ssgjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:03 AM   #13
Bdons-SD

I hear ya man, I stopped when I was 19, thats where I met my gf at the time, she quit about a month before I did. so with working full time it was either time with her, or continue training. Since we were together for a long time I figured it was best to devote more time to work and her. Ive often thought about starting back up, but now That im married and have a kid its tough to do so, Im sure you know that game ha ha. Im way out of shape now, ive been eating better and once my back heals up Im going to start exercising more.

leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #14
ssgjohnson

I hear ya man, I stopped when I was 19, thats where I met my gf at the time, she quit about a month before I did. so with working full time it was either time with her, or continue training. Since we were together for a long time I figured it was best to devote more time to work and her. Ive often thought about starting back up, but now That im married and have a kid its tough to do so, Im sure you know that game ha ha. Im way out of shape now, ive been eating better and once my back heals up Im going to start exercising more.
in order to kinda have my cake and eat it too, ive actually been training my wife and kids as well. wich in turn helps the wifey understand the need for me to train when i can. its still not alot, maybe a couple of times a month outside of teaching classes, but its better than nothing. and there is no better feeling than watching your daughter put a kid into a triangle choke for messing with her little brother! Ive started her on the kickboxing now that i feel she has self control. the rest of the kids have some maturing to do before i teach them anything substantial, but my nine year old daughter is catching on to this stuff scary fast.

I've gotten out of shape with this recent rash of surgeries as well. ive lost over 30 lbs since December. When i was lifting and everything, i was leveled off at between 240 and 250, now im right around 210 and soft everywhere... it blows. im actually thinking about not getting as big next time around and just staying around 215-225, but once i get back into it, i may not be able to stop myself.

Old 03-19-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
Bdons-SD

Ha ha, my old roommate was like that, hes a short little guy so he had to work out to make up for it. He was working out for over a year and bulked up quite a bit, probably an extra 20 pounds, then he wrecked his bike and broke his wrist. he was out for maybe 6-8 months before he could start working out fully again. He gained it back within a couple of months, but it wasnt enough ha ha. he started going more and more, and doing more and more protein shakes, lots of pasta. he was eating ike 9k calories a day. it was ridiculous.

Kick boxing is a crazy good sport to get into for self defense. I hope my daughter gets into some sort of martial arts, the self defense and the confidence boosting is really god for kids.

Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
ssgjohnson

Ha ha, my old roommate was like that, hes a short little guy so he had to work out to make up for it. He was working out for over a year and bulked up quite a bit, probably an extra 20 pounds, then he wrecked his bike and broke his wrist. he was out for maybe 6-8 months before he could start working out fully again. He gained it back within a couple of months, but it wasnt enough ha ha. he started going more and more, and doing more and more protein shakes, lots of pasta. he was eating ike 9k calories a day. it was ridiculous.

Kick boxing is a crazy good sport to get into for self defense. I hope my daughter gets into some sort of martial arts, the self defense and the confidence boosting is really god for kids.
I loved learning kickboxing during my level three training, it was probably the most fun ive had in the army. I still love the BJJ aspect, but there is something special about seeing your opponent shift his weight to throw a kick, and beating it with a right cross right on the button to put the lights out...match over! Martial arts is great for kids, but i dont think alot of people understand that. it builds a huge amount of confidence, as well as disciplin. you rarely hear about kids that train in martial arts running around starting fights.

the craziest diet i have ever went on was 14k calories/day. My wife and i were going through a rough patch on one of my deployments and i lost about 20 lbs because i wasnt eating, sleeping, or working out. when we smoothed things out i only had 33 days until i was going to be home for leave and i wanted to look as impressive as possible. I cranked up my calories, lifted heavy and hard for three days a week and ran to keep fat down. i ended up gaining 30lbs in those 33 days. muscle memory is sweetness!

Old 03-19-2012, 05:48 PM   #17
Bdons-SD

ba ha ha!!

Old 03-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #18
ssgjohnson

^ where did you get my pic?

not even, at least i could still whipe my ass

Old 03-19-2012, 07:22 PM   #19
Stroked68

Stroked68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stroked68

Playin with my Fords, goin camping, ridin my jet ski at the lake. Take trips on my motorcycle, go muddin with my brute and racing my kfx450 at local tracks. I raise chickens, have about 30 of them so we get fresh eggs. Im quite the nerd. Love old cartoons like warner bros stuff. I watch Futurama, transformers. Love the big bang theory! I collect transformers and have tons of old and new hotwheels cars and matchbox cars. I love cutting wood since we heat with it. I've been gettin into rc short course trucks. We have a small motocross track here and we use it for the quads and rc trucks. I want to do more car shows once I get my cobra back on the road. I plan on doin the hot rod power tour hopefully in a few yrs. Painting it like the mustang police car in the first transformers movie hehe. I love goin to colorado to ride the trails with the quads! Go explorin old mines and ghost towns is a blast!

1996 Cobra
1984 Ford E250 Quadravan 4x4 460 "The Tank"
1977 F250 Highboy 351m
1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 HiPo 289 "Mean Merc"
1958 Ford Panel Truck 4x4 "Grave Digger II"
2010 Kawasaki KLX250s My gas sipper
Stroked68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM   #20
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

I am definately no nerd...... But I LOVE the Big Bang Theory! That frickin show is awesome. I have all the episodes on DVD.

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote