Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-16-2012, 03:41 PM   #11
Dieselchick

Dieselchick is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Agjake11 View Post
this is the only one of mine i can get to at work. this is the truck at 2K RPM's only

OK THIS MAKES ME SIIIIICK!!! Geez mine sounded EXACTLY like that before i put that dang powermax turbo on it.. now i barely have a whistle

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
6" Rough Country Suspension Lift
20" XD Spy Wheels
37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
SCT SF3 Tuned
Dieselchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #12
Agjake11

Agjake11 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dieselchick View Post
OK THIS MAKES ME SIIIIICK!!! Geez mine sounded EXACTLY like that before i put that dang powermax turbo on it.. now i barely have a whistle
hmmm thats interesting. powermax is supposed to be as loud if not louder whistle on the exhaust side. ill have to look into this and confirm. makes me consider selling my powermax if its not true.

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
04 Chebbie Tahoe LT - Stock w/ Nav and Bose
08 Tacoma Work Truck, V8 Power Nothing, A/C and Mud tires
Agjake11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #13
Dieselchick

hmmm thats interesting. powermax is supposed to be as loud if not louder whistle on the exhaust side. ill have to look into this and confirm. makes me consider selling my powermax if its not true.
My truck had "The Loud One" Turbo on it before i put the Powermax on it... i was told by EVERYONE once i put the Powermax on mine it would make it whistle even louder.... well it sure didnt not like my old turbo thats for sure i was highly pissed about it. I loved the whistle of my truck and its gone, if i would have known i would have just went back with the the same one it had on it.

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
20" XD Spy Wheels
SCT SF3 Tuned
Old 03-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
Dieselchick

If it wasnt such a pain pulling everything off i would put the old one back on and take a video of both and you could compare them for yourself.. it still has a small whistle but nothing like it did before.. if something happens to my powermax i will not put another back on it i will go with something different.

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
20" XD Spy Wheels
SCT SF3 Tuned
Old 03-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #15
Agjake11

My truck had "The Loud One" Turbo on it before i put the Powermax on it... i was told by EVERYONE once i put the Powermax on mine it would make it whistle even louder.... well it sure didnt not like my old turbo thats for sure i was highly pissed about it. I loved the whistle of my truck and its gone, if i would have known i would have just went back with the the same one it had on it.
exactly since the powermax is just slightly larger than stock its sometimes not worth it to people. there also shouldnt have been a difference between the 04.5-07 powermax as all thats different is the mounting bolt. just sent my buddy a text that has on on his 06 and runs a PSD shop in houston.

04 F250 - 6.UHOH. Studded and Deleted By PSE, Fueled by Warren and Aeromotive, and Tuned by Gearhead.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #16
Dieselchick

exactly since the powermax is just slightly larger than stock its sometimes not worth it to people. there also shouldnt have been a difference between the 04.5-07 powermax as all thats different is the mounting bolt. just sent my buddy a text that has on on his 06 and runs a PSD shop in houston.
Ill take a video of my exhaust if i can figure out how to put it on here... compared to my stock i really dont like it, but oh well i paid for it and its on there so im stuck with it for now lol.

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
20" XD Spy Wheels
SCT SF3 Tuned
Old 03-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Agjake11

If it wasnt such a pain pulling everything off i would put the old one back on and take a video of both and you could compare them for yourself.. it still has a small whistle but nothing like it did before.. if something happens to my powermax i will not put another back on it i will go with something different.
sell it and get another 03 turbo. if i didnt get my powermax for as cheap as i did then i would be keeping my stocker.

if there wasnt someone thats already been waiting a month to get at my stocker id be willing to send it to ya when the pmax goes on

Old 03-16-2012, 04:20 PM   #18
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

I have heard similar experiances..not sure way but some people say thier powermax is very loud, and others say it isn't even as loud as stock.

One guy said it has to do with the tune..but I really don't know how or why that would affect it, kinda hard for me to beleive...but i've been wrong before.

Somebody else told me the stock powermax is LOUD, and the "modified" ones that some vendors sell are not that loud, that something they change in them makes it quieter. Again, I have know personal experiance in it, just what I have read on other forums.

It has kinda made me wonder about it too, cause I want it LOUD!! If it's not much louder I may as well save the money and just put a batmowheel on my stock turbo.

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:46 PM   #19
Dieselchick

Well i took a video and it wont let me send it to my email, the only time it gets loud is right at 2,000-2,200 anything lower or higher you really cant hear it, on my stock one as soon as you put your foot on the pedal you could hear it and it would continue .. this one will not which i know the Powermax has a slower spool up but still i figured it would be better than the stock one...

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
20" XD Spy Wheels
SCT SF3 Tuned
Old 03-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #20
Dieselchick

Hopefully this works.....

2003 F250 6.0 4x4