Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road
Default Buyers remorse..kinda...

Ok, so several months ago I had to get new tires. I had previously run Toyo open country a/t 305/55/20's. Great tire, got 80k miles outta them...towing, plowing snow, etc. Probably 65% highway driving with at least 10k pounds in tow. So I was very impressed.

Well.......I got bit by the "gotta have something more aggressive look" bug, so this time I went with Nitto Trail Grappler M/T's 295/65/20. I have about 4k miles on them so far and am beginning to think I made a mistake....

I love the look of the tires, and they are great for a mud terrain, not to noisy, ride good, and all that. But I do lots of highway driving while towing and just think that in would be better going less aggressive. The trails tend to wander a little when loaded, and of course are wearing fairly quickly, quicker than I though anyways.

So I am considering going to Nitto durra grapplers.....http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...ign=FroogleCSE

Thought about going back to A/T's also, but I am doing more and more highway towing and hauling so I think the durra's would be my best value even though I would like the more aggressive A/T.

What do you all think????

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote