Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #11
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
And to 06vt, Im sorry to hear about your family friend and your mom. Sounds like your mom is a fighter and I hope she keeps on truckin man. 68's not bad though! My dads always sayin, "anything over 60 Im considering a gift" ba ha, hes only 47 though.
Thanks, and yeah in these days 60 is a gift!

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #12
Midnight Smoker

Midnight Smoker is on a distinguished road

Man.....DAM CANCER!! Y'all got me kinda upset...I have yet to lose anyone close to cancer, but being as that my whole family is Smokers I'm sure sooner or later it's going to surprise me somewhere. I am certainly a man of faith though, so my prayers and thoughts go out to all of you & your familys.
05' DODGE 2500 NV5600 4x4 QC/LB , CFM MANIFOLD, AFE STAGE 2, ISSPRO BOOST, PYRO, & FUEL PRESSURE, II100'S, AGP 63/68/12, SCARY LARRY, QUADZILLA BF, VALAIR DD, SILENCER RING & CAT MIA, TGC ARMS, GDP LADDER BARS, CARLI TRAC-BAR, 3" ON 35'S, 8K HID'S, BLACK XD WHEELS, HEADLIGHTS, TAILLIGHTS, CAB LIGHTS, ROAD ARMOR, 12,000LB WINCH, PLATNIUM FASS SITTING IN THE SHOP
57' CHEVY STEPSIDE, 327, MONEYPIT

Last edited by Midnight Smoker; 03-28-2012 at 01:07 PM.
Midnight Smoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:52 PM   #13
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Stroked68 View Post
Good thread! I've lost alot of friends and family to cancer. My moms dad had lung cancer (smoker) and they got rid of that but it spread to his brain and that was it. 1993 was when he left us. Sometimes you wonder what your life wouldve been like if that particular person was there. Lost my Dads dad to pancreatic cancer. 6months after the diagnoses he also left us. Right now our old parts guy was diagnosed with lung cancer (smoker) and they fixed that but it also spread to his brain. Hes in hospice care right now. We saw him last week and he pretty much didnt know who we were or anything. Hes been workin for us since 93 and he quit in 2011. Pretty much like an uncle to us. Just so sad to see someone who used to be so sharp and smart go down hill so fast. Hurts even more when they dont know or recognize you. I think it would be cool to have like a get together or somethin for a cause like this.
Actually Corey is trying to get an annual Drag day going in support of this. He posted here about it. He is still working on it, but could use all the support he can get.

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

heres an update from my mom, i copied and pasted it from facebook since its kind of a lot of info.

Had a review of a CT scan this morning. The good news is that the cancer has NOT spread to other parts of my body. The bad news is that the tumor did not shrink after 3 chemo infusions as hoped. At this point the cancer is contained as the tumor itself. It did change shape and is no longer "inflamed" or causing irritation to other organs. Good for me as I haven't had any pain or major discomfort from carrying this thing around. In this case, the chemo did help as the tumor stopped growing/spreading. As of now, surgery will hopefully be scheduled in the next couple of weeks. They had hoped the tumor would shrink enough for easier removal, but at this point they will have to do the best they can with removing it at its present ~11.90 cm size. It's original size was ~12.97 cm. It did shrink a tiny bit but they still consider it pretty large. Will keep you posed as to how the surgery will go and results afterwards. Three more chemo infusions will continue after the surgery to finish the 6-phase infusion process. Good news or bad news depends on how you look at it, I guess.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:56 AM   #15
westtnfx4

westtnfx4 is on a distinguished road

Man I hope all goes well. It's a crazy feeling not knowing what's going to happen next.
westtnfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #16
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

Yeah, its the worst. They scheduled surgery for the may 7 and she has an appointment this coming thursday for an overview of what exactly theyre going to do. the most important thing is that the cancer hasnt spread and the tumor is self contained so if surgery goes smooth, after the last 3 chemo infusions it SHOULD be smooth sailing.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:03 PM   #17
ctrump90

ctrump90 is on a distinguished road

o my gosh... i have been insanely busy lately and haven't been on my computer in forever. I just found this. You guys are awesome. I am not gonna lie. i found this and i got a little teary eyed. I recently just spent the entire day Friday in the cemetery hanging with my family and my sister alone. Did a lot of soul searching. I have had a rogh couple of weeks around the house hold. Friday sarah would have been 17 years young. And the weekend before that would have been the prom she went to last year that she would have been to this year. I never got to see her in her prom dress because i had to work that weekend. and at that point in time we thought she had a lot more time then she actually did. I missed many things like this that i will forever kick myself for. I am still working on doing a huge get together but this legal stuff is never ending. and finances to pay for lawyers and accountants is taxing heavily. So it will take time. i am now looking at next summer or spring for a huge event. That way all my ducks are in order and i to will have my truck ready. I am possibly going through a career change in the process also so i am busy to say the least. I appreciate all the support this cause gets. My heart goes out to all who have to suffer through this stuff... I am not a religious man but i have seen first hand some out of this world happenings. and again as always anyone ever needs help or is in the illinois area getting treatments for anything hit me up. i would love to come up and meet you and your family. I am going to post some pics of relation to this topic. we took them friday on sarahs bday.

vice president of Sarah C. Trump cancer foundation
Need custom vinyl or stickers made? Pm me for information
ctrump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #18
crackerjack

crackerjack is on a distinguished road

hope all goes well with your mom Bdons. sorry about your sister ctrump, what part of IL you in
crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:48 AM   #19
ctrump90

ctrump90 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by crackerjack View Post
hope all goes well with your mom Bdons. sorry about your sister ctrump, what part of IL you in
I live in normal, il.... central Illinois.
vice president of Sarah C. Trump cancer foundation
Need custom vinyl or stickers made? Pm me for information
ctrump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #20
crackerjack

crackerjack is on a distinguished road

ok my grandma lives in marion and is from aurora. i know where normal is..the truck i bought is in decatur
crackerjack is offline   Reply With Quote