Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #1
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road
Default The "Thoughts" thread

So this thread is inspired by Corey or "ctrump90" and him starting the "Sarah C. Trump Foundation" in memory of his sister and her battle with cancer.

I thought this thread would be a good thread for those of us who have/had relatives who have , or are battling cancer, or any other type of major illness that plagues us.

Ill kick it off.

A little over 2 years ago my mom got diagnosed with endometrial cancer. It got diagnosed when she started to have some abdominal discomfort. She had a hysterectomy to remove the cancer, and the majority of the areas the cancer could have spread. She went through about 6 months of chemo therapy and another 3 weeks of radiation. She showed no signs of cancer at that point. She finished up chemo right when my daughter was born, shes her first grandkid. it was a big deal, we joked that they can start growing their hair together.

About a month and a half my mom came down with giardia which is a parasite usually picked up at day cares and preschools. So since she worked at a day care this made sense. After a couple of weeks of antibiotics the giartia was gone, but the abdominal pain wasn't. A CT scan revealed a tumor that size of a small cantaloupe or a big grapefruit, about 13 centimeters in diameter. Thats a damn big tumor. Since then she has had 2 rounds of chemo, has a third for this thursday, and a fourth scheduled for 3 weeks after. Shes going to have another CT scan before the fourth chemo and if the tumor is small enough they're going to cancel the chemo and schedule a surgery to remove the mass.

Ill post more details as I get them.

I encourage anyone to post their experiences, maybe we can help our fellow truck enthusiasts get through some tough times!!!

Im not a religious person but I also thought this would be a good place for some thoughtt and for prayers for those who would be helped by knowing there are friends out there thinking/praying for everyone.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

Nice idea!
I have a good friend of our family that is battling cancer right now, although it has pretty much won at this point. she just spent all last week in hospice. She came home Saturday, so she could be at home the remainder of her life, which won't be long now unfortunately. I saw a shirt the other day that just said "CANCER SUCKS".... Pretty much sums it up.

My Mom is dealing with a lung disease. Its a type of fibrosis that runs in family lines, all her siblings died from it, she found out she had it 6 years ago....average life after diagnosis is 3-5 years so she has beat the odds so far, but ya never know. She has outlived all her siblings, none made it past 62, she is now 68....she is a fighter I guess!

I am religious however, and find comfort from what I have learned over the years. Not trying to be a Bible beater, but if you are someone who believes in God, and believes the Bible is Truth, (if your not, that's fine, not trying to start that debate!) but again, if you are, read John 5:28,29 if you have lost a loved one in death (which we all have) it may just help you, it does me anyways.

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:42 AM   #3
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

That's a great scripture, one of my favorites! And this is a great thread Brendon.

I just have to say... There are alot of good people in this world. But Never in my life have I seen people support each other like the guys on these truck forums. And we donteven really know eachother. Right now on DuramaxForum there is a thread that Corey started, and the guys over there are helping Him get the ball rolling for the truck meet. Then I come here and see this thread out of the blue, to support Him, and people that are in similar situations, emotionally!

This stuff really touches My heart...

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #4
Bdons-SD

Thanks man, Its amazing how people can come together. I hate it to be over this, but once its about cancer we are all best friends ha ha. One common enemy we can share our experiences about and help out our friends who just found out someone they know isnt well and may only have a few months left. It sucks to say, but in some cases its true. A good friend of mine from when I used to train in karate I have since lost contact with him, but about the same time my mom got diagnosed his dad got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. It was like we were best buds again. He lost his dad a few short months later, Ive talked to him a few times since then but as we get older we lose touch with people. everyone knows how that goes.

leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Old 03-27-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
Bdons-SD

And to 06vt, Im sorry to hear about your family friend and your mom. Sounds like your mom is a fighter and I hope she keeps on truckin man. 68's not bad though! My dads always sayin, "anything over 60 Im considering a gift" ba ha, hes only 47 though.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:14 PM   #6
Stroked68

Stroked68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stroked68

Good thread! I've lost alot of friends and family to cancer. My moms dad had lung cancer (smoker) and they got rid of that but it spread to his brain and that was it. 1993 was when he left us. Sometimes you wonder what your life wouldve been like if that particular person was there. Lost my Dads dad to pancreatic cancer. 6months after the diagnoses he also left us. Right now our old parts guy was diagnosed with lung cancer (smoker) and they fixed that but it also spread to his brain. Hes in hospice care right now. We saw him last week and he pretty much didnt know who we were or anything. Hes been workin for us since 93 and he quit in 2011. Pretty much like an uncle to us. Just so sad to see someone who used to be so sharp and smart go down hill so fast. Hurts even more when they dont know or recognize you. I think it would be cool to have like a get together or somethin for a cause like this.

1996 Cobra
1984 Ford E250 Quadravan 4x4 460 "The Tank"
1977 F250 Highboy 351m
1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 HiPo 289 "Mean Merc"
1958 Ford Panel Truck 4x4 "Grave Digger II"
2010 Kawasaki KLX250s My gas sipper
Stroked68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #7
Bdons-SD

Thanks for contributing, Im sorry to hear it though. Thankfully I havent lost anyone yet, my wife lost an aunt to colon cancer, it spread to the rest of her body. She wasnt a super close aunt but family none the less.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #8
Stroked68

Stroked68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stroked68

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
Thanks for contributing, Im sorry to hear it though. Thankfully I havent lost anyone yet, my wife lost an aunt to colon cancer, it spread to the rest of her body. She wasnt a super close aunt but family none the less.
Thanks. Its tough sometimes. Especially when its kids.

1996 Cobra
1984 Ford E250 Quadravan 4x4 460 "The Tank"
1977 F250 Highboy 351m
1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 HiPo 289 "Mean Merc"
1958 Ford Panel Truck 4x4 "Grave Digger II"
2010 Kawasaki KLX250s My gas sipper
Stroked68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #9
westtnfx4

westtnfx4 is on a distinguished road

Lost my mother November 15 2001 (49 yrs old). It was breast cancer at first. Radiation and chemo and surgery got it. We had our hopes up and were loving life when her hips started hurting real bad. Test come back bone cancer. The most painful of them all. 4 months later she passed. We were real close. I could not speak of it for 5 yrs. and after over 10 yrs it's still tough. I'm a man of faith as was she. Her favorite scripture and something she found comfort in was John 5:19-24 and John 5:28-29
westtnfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:47 PM   #10
Bdons-SD

Damn man, thats a tough one. Sorry for your loss. If I remember your age right you were only a few years older than I am right now. I couldnt imagine going through that right now, or even a couple of years from now. And at 49, thats really young.

This threads startin to bum me out..