Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
ctrump90

ctrump90 is on a distinguished road
Default Childrens cancer foundation help??

Hey yall,

PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO READ THIS.. I NEED SOME INPUT ON THIS.

My names Corey Trump i live in central illinois. I am 21 years old but have alot of life years on me. I have a 16 year old sister who fought cancer for 6 years and past away September 4th, 2011 with us by her side. My sister was a really cool girl. She loved rock music and speed. I use to have a crotch rocket we would go ride for hours and she loved to go fast .. Sarah had her leg amputated when she was about 14 i think. so she had to learn how to do everything one legged again. Didnt stop her.. that little speed demon would get on my quad and with one leg ride and shift that thing all by hand. she could ride just as good as i could! back in dec. of 2011 we spent a day on my sled and just rode the countryside of northern illinois southern wisconsin area. One of the best memories ill ever have. Sarah deteriorated very quickly after she stopped taking chemo. She stopped in december of 2011 and passed in september. She was an innocent amazing young woman that got cut short on life for no reason at all.. Sarah was a symbol of strength to all that were around her. She went through many hospitals and doctors trying to keep herself here. she even went to texas every weekend for a specialized treatment for over a year. Throughout all the years of wear and tear on our family it has ripped it apart and healed some parts of it. I no longer speak to my father for my own reasons but i want to be a brother she can be proud of. I will regret for the rest of my life the fact that i did not spend enough time with her at all. I was to concerned with partying or college or work that i forgot and lost sight of what is important in life. Family. It tears me up everyday that i did not have more of a relationship with her. Theres alot of talks i never got to have with her... it is scary how fast someone can be here and then gone.

Me and my mom have decided to start a Foundation. The Sarah C. Trump foundation. We are still working on the legal stuff but it will be done in a few weeks. We want to give back to the foundations that made it possible for sarah to live as long as she did. These people truly did make it possible for us to be a family and get her treatment. I do not have a fully compiled list yet but im working on it. We also want to find families that are going through the same things and help them in anyway possible.. if its sending money or some medical advice on doctors and hospitals (my mom is insanely smart in this area) whatever way we can help raise awareness for childhood cancers. Breast cancer has gotten so big that funding for other cancers has gone to the way side. now to me that is not fair... The name susan b coleman has gotten huge everyone knows that name... well its time to shine some light on another area... Children.... i can not even begin to describe the pain of watching a child go through what i have.. and to be there and watch her take her last breath is an image i never want anyone to have to live with.. No child deserves that. My family and myself have made it our life mission to spend every day working towards finding a cure for Sarcoma cancers... my sister had Euwings Sarcoma. it is a fairly rare form of bone cancer usually only in young children or adults.. We are not only doing just sarcoma cancer but any CHILD with cancer.

So here is what i need from you guys... i have an idea.. its only an idea but i wanna see if it is possible and who would truly be up to help with this... I want to see if i could set up like a test and tune day or something... or like a racing for cancer day (drag race)... go to a track somewhere hopefully here in illinois and talk to them see if they would donate time or allow me to rent the track for a day. Bring in some vendors maybe a portable dyno have some competitions some live music some good BBQ just a fun day at the track.. now im no expert in this area so i need to network.. meet some people who actually care and would be willing to help the foundation. i would just like to see a pole of people who would be willing to come to a track and tear there truck up for the hope of curing cancer and helping the families that truly need it. If not to be a part of something that is working for a cure but a part of something that will make you feel good when you gotta tear the truck down because you bent a couple rods trying to win a competition on cancer day at the track... i mean come on.. gotta have some justification to the wife right??? might even be able to work that into your pep talk for a twin turbo set up or something?? "honey if i dont have twin turbos i wont be able to cure cancer " haha idk just trying to throw some humor in this thing to cheer myself up

There is one problem that i have seen alot of people do over the years... people loose interest and drive to do things if they arent reminded everyday.. So here is a little pusher if you are thinking this kid is full of crap he wont follow through so why waste my time.. well here go to this website and read my sisters page.. see the pain and agony and all that she went through and still didnt win. they try picturing your own little sister or daughter or son or anyone close to you go through this.. then you will understand.. im in this for the longhaul i will not stop till i to take my last breath... go to this address and she is the second one down you will have to make an account to see it but its free and they dont email you stuff so its painless... http://www.carepages.com/search?x=0&...ms%5D=SarahT95
if this doesnt work go to carepages.com and search SarahT95 just like that and she is registered at childrens memorial in chicago..

So let me hear your thoughts? anyone got any ideas or know another way to do something like this? I am a very Driven individual i will break my back and go bankrupt to make this happen. I do not care.. there is nothing more important in my life then helping someone and making sure they do not have to go through what me and my family have to everyday. You have to live for something. why not do it for something that can make a difference.. even if it brings a smile to one kids face or a check that allows the family to take a child to the hospital they need to be at then i have succeeded.

so let me hear it.. whats your thoughts? know anyone i can call to really get this ball rolling?
vice president of Sarah C. Trump cancer foundation
Need custom vinyl or stickers made? Pm me for information

Last edited by ctrump90; 03-19-2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: mistype
ctrump90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

Alright guys start helping this young Man out! He needs advice on raising money for his sisters charity. And some of you might have some good ideas. I told him to come here and share this, because he needs all the help he can get!

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
westtnfx4

westtnfx4 is on a distinguished road

My mom passed Nov 15 2001 of cancer. I'll help anyway I can.

On another note I'm not bending no rods in my truck
westtnfx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
ctrump90

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 View Post

Well hey. its a dodge you might have to try to keep up with my chevy
Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #5
ctrump90

very sorry to hear about your mom man. **** Cancer. no sugar coating that word.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
01 D_Max

You wouldnt bend a rod in that Cummins if you tried! Those bottom ends can handle some serious power!

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
Old 03-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #7
01 D_Max

And you can help by spreading the word, or seeing who would be up for a day for charity at the dragstrip.

Old 03-19-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
westtnfx4

Originally Posted by ctrump90 View Post
Well hey. its a dodge you might have to try to keep up with my chevy
that's a cake walk
Originally Posted by ctrump90 View Post
very sorry to hear about your mom man. **** Cancer. no sugar coating that word.
Thanks. It's tough. She was only 49 yrs old
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
You wouldnt bend a rod in that Cummins if you tried! Those bottom ends can handle some serious power!
This man knows his diesels^^^
Originally Posted by 01 D_Max View Post
And you can help by spreading the word, or seeing who would be up for a day for charity at the dragstrip.
X2^^^
Old 03-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #9
ctrump90

that's a cake walk

Thanks. It's tough. She was only 49 yrs old

This man knows his diesels^^^

X2^^^
only the good die young. May i ask what kind of cancer she had?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
westtnfx4

It started breast cancer. Thought they got it. Turned into bone cancer. It sucked.