Go Back   Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum > >

The Lounge The offtopic section.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:06 AM   #11
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

Congrats! I am enjoying our first child, 4 month old little girl. Its an amazing experiance, yes it changes a lot of things...but it is totally worth it!

I feel for ya on the helpless feeling! Wait till delivery, then you will really feel helpless!

I am 31 and do wish I had started a few years earlier, but then again my dad was 41 when I was born and we, had, and still have an awesome relationship.

Hope your wife gets over the sickness so she can enjoy the pregnancy a bit!

You going to find out if its boy or girl or wait for a suprise?

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
04.5handshaker

04.5handshaker is on a distinguished road

Congrats!! I'm 31 and I don't want kids!!! My nieces and nephew are hellions and my nephew is the baby of the 3...and yes he a baby lol I can't even rough house with him (he's 5) b/c he cries.. good luck and hope it all goes well. Probably gonna have to give up the Diesel lol
04.5 dodge 2500 NV5600, Engineered Diesel, Hamilton Cams, TC Diesel, Kenny's pulling supplies, Fluidampr, Extrude Honed, Mads/TS performance, Enterprise Engineering... all that equals a lot of wasted $$$

'99 dodge 2500 sport....stock with a built trans on order oh and a 53 block with 243k miles of reliability and no cracks!!!
04.5handshaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM   #13
ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson is on a distinguished road

Congradulations! just so you know, morning sickness is just the name its given because its generally worse in the AM, but its not restricted to that time frame. my wife had it all day and all night with our second set of twins.

the discomfort is because her body is beginning to adjust itself to carry the baby. ligaments are going to stretch and the skin will too. not a pleasant feeling im sure.

Most women feel too ill in the beginning stages to be intimate, but generally, the libido comes back twice what it was after a bit. i cant remember the exact time frame, but its a common thing during pregnancy. its actually likely that you will have trouble keeping up when it hits... and then, if you dont act completely enthused with the idea of intimacy, be prepared for the lowest point of that emotional roller coaster.

Babies will change who you are, especially daughters. I remember I had plans of turning my son into a little lady killin pimp...and then my first child was a girl. all of a sudden, i didnt trust anything with a wang. even now that i have two sons and four daughters, i make sure that my boys understand how to respect women, and dont see them objectively.

Once the baby comes, be prepared to lose some sleep in the beginning. Our first we spent like two months not sleeping until she finally started sleeping all night. With the rest of our kids, we learned that crying doesnt cause pain or death, so they were sleeping through the night within the first month.

Good luck and have fun with it. I still stand back sometimes and freak out when i realize that i am responsible for the lives of 6 human beings, and that its my job to be the best father possible so they grow up into GREAT human beings.

ssgjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:14 PM   #14
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

^^^ This guy... knows the ropes. ha ha

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
ssgjohnson

< this guy... is going bald prematurely!

Old 03-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #16
ideezy5

ideezy5 is on a distinguished road

Lol congrats

03 Silverado 2500 ccsb lb7
90k miles
Efi live- BOBO/COTNP
4" stainless magnaflow
Leveled w/ 285's
Edge cs insight
ideezy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #17
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ssgjohnson View Post
< this guy... is going bald prematurely!
ba ha! I gots me 5 grey hairs

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:01 PM   #18
ssgjohnson

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
ba ha! I gots me 5 grey hairs
i stopped counting and started buzzing!

Old 03-28-2012, 10:13 PM   #19
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 06VT365 View Post
Congrats! I am enjoying our first child, 4 month old little girl. Its an amazing experiance, yes it changes a lot of things...but it is totally worth it!

I feel for ya on the helpless feeling! Wait till delivery, then you will really feel helpless!

I am 31 and do wish I had started a few years earlier, but then again my dad was 41 when I was born and we, had, and still have an awesome relationship.

Hope your wife gets over the sickness so she can enjoy the pregnancy a bit!

You going to find out if its boy or girl or wait for a suprise?
We want to find out so we can prepare clothes and room. Wife desperately wants a Baby Girl. Or should I say Doesnt want a boy? I don't care either way. I want a girl if it makes her happy, but if it's a boy I would secretly love it. Shhh...

Originally Posted by 04.5handshaker View Post
Congrats!! I'm 31 and I don't want kids!!! My nieces and nephew are hellions and my nephew is the baby of the 3...and yes he a baby lol I can't even rough house with him (he's 5) b/c he cries.. good luck and hope it all goes well. Probably gonna have to give up the Diesel lol
Truck is bought and paid for. Plus I use it for work. I would never get rid of it unless we were going to upgrade. We are pretty good at saving money. Got $50,000 in the bank. and a $22,000 truck paid for, and a $14,000 car paid for. Have a house with no mortgage, and both work full time. Do all my own repairs, to cars and House. So I'm pretty sure the truck stays. But Kids are a gamechanger! So who knows.

Originally Posted by ssgjohnson View Post
Congradulations! just so you know, morning sickness is just the name its given because its generally worse in the AM, but its not restricted to that time frame. my wife had it all day and all night with our second set of twins.

the discomfort is because her body is beginning to adjust itself to carry the baby. ligaments are going to stretch and the skin will too. not a pleasant feeling im sure.

Most women feel too ill in the beginning stages to be intimate, but generally, the libido comes back twice what it was after a bit. i cant remember the exact time frame, but its a common thing during pregnancy. its actually likely that you will have trouble keeping up when it hits... and then, if you dont act completely enthused with the idea of intimacy, be prepared for the lowest point of that emotional roller coaster.

Babies will change who you are, especially daughters. I remember I had plans of turning my son into a little lady killin pimp...and then my first child was a girl. all of a sudden, i didnt trust anything with a wang. even now that i have two sons and four daughters, i make sure that my boys understand how to respect women, and dont see them objectively.

Once the baby comes, be prepared to lose some sleep in the beginning. Our first we spent like two months not sleeping until she finally started sleeping all night. With the rest of our kids, we learned that crying doesnt cause pain or death, so they were sleeping through the night within the first month.

Good luck and have fun with it. I still stand back sometimes and freak out when i realize that i am responsible for the lives of 6 human beings, and that its my job to be the best father possible so they grow up into GREAT human beings.
Wow, you just cleared up alot of my questions in one post. Thanks for the shared knowledge my friend.

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:14 PM   #20
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

We found out to, I wanted to be prepared! I hinestly didnt care what we had, but gotta say now that I am glad it was a girl......might change my mind when shes 14 but right now its the greatest!

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote