View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
Ha ha, my old roommate was like that, hes a short little guy so he had to work out to make up for it. He was working out for over a year and bulked up quite a bit, probably an extra 20 pounds, then he wrecked his bike and broke his wrist. he was out for maybe 6-8 months before he could start working out fully again. He gained it back within a couple of months, but it wasnt enough ha ha. he started going more and more, and doing more and more protein shakes, lots of pasta. he was eating ike 9k calories a day. it was ridiculous.

Kick boxing is a crazy good sport to get into for self defense. I hope my daughter gets into some sort of martial arts, the self defense and the confidence boosting is really god for kids.
I loved learning kickboxing during my level three training, it was probably the most fun ive had in the army. I still love the BJJ aspect, but there is something special about seeing your opponent shift his weight to throw a kick, and beating it with a right cross right on the button to put the lights out...match over! Martial arts is great for kids, but i dont think alot of people understand that. it builds a huge amount of confidence, as well as disciplin. you rarely hear about kids that train in martial arts running around starting fights.

the craziest diet i have ever went on was 14k calories/day. My wife and i were going through a rough patch on one of my deployments and i lost about 20 lbs because i wasnt eating, sleeping, or working out. when we smoothed things out i only had 33 days until i was going to be home for leave and i wanted to look as impressive as possible. I cranked up my calories, lifted heavy and hard for three days a week and ran to keep fat down. i ended up gaining 30lbs in those 33 days. muscle memory is sweetness!

ssgjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote