View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 02:43 AM   #14
ssgjohnson

ssgjohnson is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD View Post
I hear ya man, I stopped when I was 19, thats where I met my gf at the time, she quit about a month before I did. so with working full time it was either time with her, or continue training. Since we were together for a long time I figured it was best to devote more time to work and her. Ive often thought about starting back up, but now That im married and have a kid its tough to do so, Im sure you know that game ha ha. Im way out of shape now, ive been eating better and once my back heals up Im going to start exercising more.
in order to kinda have my cake and eat it too, ive actually been training my wife and kids as well. wich in turn helps the wifey understand the need for me to train when i can. its still not alot, maybe a couple of times a month outside of teaching classes, but its better than nothing. and there is no better feeling than watching your daughter put a kid into a triangle choke for messing with her little brother! Ive started her on the kickboxing now that i feel she has self control. the rest of the kids have some maturing to do before i teach them anything substantial, but my nine year old daughter is catching on to this stuff scary fast.

I've gotten out of shape with this recent rash of surgeries as well. ive lost over 30 lbs since December. When i was lifting and everything, i was leveled off at between 240 and 250, now im right around 210 and soft everywhere... it blows. im actually thinking about not getting as big next time around and just staying around 215-225, but once i get back into it, i may not be able to stop myself.

ssgjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote