View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #8
Stroked68

Stroked68 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Stroked68

You always hear the bad things about a truck more than anything. Im biased as hell cause I bleed blue through and through, even have a Ford tat BUT all that aside....

Im very impressed with Dodge. They have really stepped it up. Their trucks are sweet lookin. Our local Dodge dealer had a booth at walmart when we had our bike dealership booth there and got to see their new trucks and man that big horn interior was sweet. Saddle leather and sweet dash. I assume it was the big horn? I like the new front ends, looks tough and fast at the same time. I'd buy a Dodge after a Ford for sure.

GM has one of the best engine/tranny out there. Not a fan of their looks though. IFS shouldnt be in a truck. A friend of ours has a dmax, like an 08 or somethin and hes been through rear ends and front ends on his but he does have alot of bolt ons and that thing is a screamer. Crazy fast and quick for a 3/4 ton monster!

Ford has had lots of issues with their motors. When I was lookin for a diesel, i wasnt gonna get a 6.0. Didnt want to chance it. I settled for the good ole reliable 7.3. Hard to find a low mileage 7.3 and they are highly sought after. 6.0's are monsters stock but can be even better with the upgrades they need to make them bullet proof. 6.4's get crappy mileage but heard good things about them. Dont know much about the new 6.7's. Seems to make great power. Agreed the perfect truck would be a cummins powered Ford with an allison. Almost thought about puttin a cummins in mine BUT you just cant kill these 7.3's. Maybe if mine blew up I would but dont see that happenin anytime soon.

1996 Cobra
1984 Ford E250 Quadravan 4x4 460 "The Tank"
1977 F250 Highboy 351m
1968 Mercury Cougar XR7 HiPo 289 "Mean Merc"
1958 Ford Panel Truck 4x4 "Grave Digger II"
2010 Kawasaki KLX250s My gas sipper
Stroked68 is offline   Reply With Quote