View Single Post
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

The Quality GM puts into their trucks interior/exterior and parts is consistently good. They also made a good decision to have the Duramax/Allison combo. And the ride is the most compfortable of any truck for the street.

Dodge really takes pride in putting powerhouse engines in their vechiles. The Cummins is probably the most stout diesel engine out the door from factory, but almost too much for the tranny they combined it with. They sound amazing to me, the closest thing to a big rig. The interior of most or the dodge trucks leave something to be desired. (not including the Longhorn) The top of the line Dodge's are beautiful inside however.

Now Ford has been kinda inconsistent with the Diesel engines, however if I was going to buy a reasonably priced Diesel for work, I would get the 7.3. Their trucks are solid all the way around, and the problem is that you can feel it in the ride. But Ford built a Truck! The drivetrain holds up to almost anything. Although I absolutely hate the way the tranny shifts in the Auto. The interior of most Fords' are not to par of GM, but their top of the line interior is hard to beat.

Having said all this, I would think the perfect truck would be Ford's Frame and Driveline, with a Cummins/Allison Combo.

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote