Thread: Exhaust Videos.
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 09:51 PM   #27
Dieselchick

Dieselchick is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 06VT365 View Post
So your running the canned tunes that come preloaded, is that correct?

My .02 is that I would check into a custom tunes still, you could get a street tune that would probably be more powerful and safer then the canned tunes.

I run Vivians tunes from quick tricks automotive right now. I have a tow tune (50hp) street (85ish) and looney tune (125) most tuners have a studded and non studded tune. I am running the non studded looney right now, cause don't have studs yet either.

It's funny cause the looney tune actually only makes about 22psi but stock I make about 28, but the looney runs like an animal on the top end and shifts at 4100rpm at wide open. amazing what injection timing changes can do for power!!

But with a powermax I would recommend Matt at gear head.

But there is always the chance of stretching bolts!! Gotta pay to play I guess....especially with our trucks!!

Yes im on street tune. I should have went ahead and done the heads when i done everything else but i didnt feel like spending more money at that time lol i had spent enough! Eventually i will do the studs but until then i dont want to stretch them or blow a headgasket, so im not sure if i should use a custom tune until i do that. Swamps said the street tune is enough for my truck like it sits before i start tearing stuff up.

2003 F250 6.0 4x4
6" Rough Country Suspension Lift
20" XD Spy Wheels
37x13.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers
SCT SF3 Tuned
Dieselchick is offline   Reply With Quote