View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #34
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

I was thinking about using 3 inch square tubing, following the angle of the cab, putting "45's" (cutting 2 "22.5" degree agles, im not sure what the actual angle will be without dry fitting it. I was thinking make it about an inch taller than the cab with posts on either side for lumber/ladders. Then 2 uprights welded evenly in the middle, probably right in front of the seams for the slider. I may leave it empty, or do some expanded metal, or something else. I cant decide. Id like to follow a protech as closely as possible except it will be square tubing instead of the corners being beveled.
Talking about it is easier than executing it ha ha. Luckily my buddy used to be a fabricator for a door milling company, he used to fab up frames, tables, binding tables, all kinds of things. He said hed give me a hand. I have my own welder, but I work with wood, and wood has tolerances, metal does not and I have a tough time with that.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote