View Single Post
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road
Default Quick "anti lock punchout" mod

So I finally got around to putting in my new door actuators, both passenger sides fried a couple of months ago. Its easier to to change them if you take the door handles off so while I had them off I put in a little home made "anti punchout" deal. you can buy kits to do this, but this worked for me.

Last year my dad got got his superduty broken into, they punched the lock out with a screwdriver and unlocked it and got in. They've been doing it a lot around here because they can do it relatively quick and noiseless so they can just open the door and it doesn't get much attention. Here's the finished product:

So what I did was cut out a piece of scrap steel, all I had was 1/8th inch and thats a little thick for this but its all I had ha ha. I traced out the circle from the lock cylinder itself, but that was too big because its beveled inside the cylinder on the door handle. It turns out that a dime is the perfect size, so I retraced that and ground it down.

Since my steel was a little too thick I had to re cut the grooves in the cylinder housing for the holding clip. If your steel is thinner you may not have to do this.

A little bit of paint, and youre done! If you want you can use a piece of 3m moulding double stick tape on the back of the steel to hold it in place better, but the lock cylinder should hold it fine.

Of course this doesn't prevent anyone from just bashing your window out, but like I said, the lock punching is common around here, and it only took me a few minutes to get this done.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote