View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 01:20 PM   #8
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blacksmoking View Post
hmm, interesting. But once it's started, and if something were to pierce the oil pan, would it shut off, or just not start the next time?
It would eventually, once oil pressure was low enough to not fire the injectors. Weather it would in time to save the engine I dont know.

Basically in a 7.3 or 6.0 fuel system, you have fuel supplied to the Injectors through a fuel rail in the head, you also have high pressure oil supplied to the injectors too. When the computer says an injector should fire high pressure oil is allowed in the top of the injector, once the pressure is high enough it forces open a valve that then allows the fuel to be injected into the cylinder. Thats the basic principal anyways.

So in essence, if the oil pressure is not high enough to open the valve, fuel will not ne fired thus shutting the engine off.

I have a link that explains it much clearer than I can, I will post it up later.

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote