View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 01:40 PM   #3
Mixedbreed

Mixedbreed is on a distinguished road

they both have pro's and con's but being a 6.0 owner that has sat at 540-560 Hp for 2 years I will say the 6.0 is not as problematic as the internet has led us to believe.
You do have more power with basic mods on a 6.4 but you still have other things to worry about. The fuel system can be a pain and take out the whole system if the pump fails, they make tons of power but then you end up smoking the tranny, but either engine will do that. If you just looking for a good diesel truck that you are not going to mod, either one is great.
For towing, the 6.4 makes more Tq and has better control of EGT’s with the factory compound turbo set up. I have towed 12K at 85 with no problems with my 6.0 however. And I have too big of injectors for my turbo at 7400 feet of elevation, but with good tuning I avoided any problems.
If you’re wanting pure power to brag about, the 6.4 is the winner. If you want to get a decent truck that you can buy for much less than a 6.4 yet use that savings to build decent power and have a solid truck, the 6.0 is a good choice. I went the 6.0 route because I liked the look and the price.

I will try to help you out with complete honesty, as I want a happy owner and not someone with the thought of "what if" after the purchase. I love my truck but I know everyone has thier own needs and wants.
Mixedbreed is offline   Reply With Quote