View Single Post
Old 04-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 06VT365 View Post
Yeah, I have looked at the terra's, my brother in-law is a sales manager at a wheel and tire shop here, and their experience with them hasn't been good on the 1 tons. They wear great on 1/2 tons and gasser 3/4 tons but the diesels tend to tear them up I guess, especially towing heavy a lot. The best he has seen is 35k miles on a 1 ton....that's 1 year of miles for me...

That's why I ended up spending the extra cash on the Toyo A/T's last time. But now nobody sells the Toyos locally.

Just seems like most A/T's aren't going to last over 40k miles with my kind of use, which is about I should get outta the Trails I have now, but I don't like their highway manners. So I am just thinking an all season tire like the Durra would be better suited for my needs.....even though they don't look cool!!!
Check out the BFG at's they're nothing special, but in my experience so far they have been great on the trails, excellent in the snow and awesome all around driving. I only paid $1000 bucks for all 4 so even if you don't see the 80k you're lookin for at least you didn't pay an arm and a leg for em. I'm close to Seattle so tires my be a little more expensive out here for me. my buddy had them on his ranger, paid 500 bucks for a ill set of 31s and got 75k out of them. That's ranger though ha ha. They're worth a looksie.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote