Thread: Project 6.BLOW
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #107
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

My money says you get antsy! I couldnt wait I know!

Hope it runs awesome for ya, and cant wait to hear how it runs!

Ya.....when hw said he was going through a gallon every 2 weeks I about crapped! I have maybe puked a tablespoon of coolant, just had a tiny trail running down the resivoir, and that was right after I had it in for service and they topped everthing off. I was wondering if they overfilled it maybe???? Although I know it builds pressure slowly so I know it has a minor issue. Up till then I thought it was ok since it had never puked, so I was thinking about the 1 at a time approch.

That was 4 months and 10 thousand miles ago, never puked again, coolant level stays good and temps are normal according to insight cts. So I am torn, cause when though its not puking, I know it builds up to 16 psi in the coolant system while towing after about an hour or so.

Thats why I asked him if he had checked psi before this....it would be interesting to know if there was any difference. Do I think its going to fix his problem, no. But I was thinking if it helps his problem at all, I would feel better about that approach to mine, since honestly if I hadn't checked the pressure I wouldn't have a clue that anything is wrong since it doesn't go through coolant and doesn't puke anymore.

But....i also already have the gasket set sitting in the garage, and I hate doing things halfa$$ed I will end up tearing it all down I know.

Anywho...i hope you get a nice weekend in your truck!!!

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote