View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 07:38 PM   #7
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

Sounds like you are reasonable like my dad for sure. I am 27 and would still go to him for advice and tell him my problems. Spanking doesn't mean your a bad parent. Abuse makes you a bad parent. There is a big difference!

And just an added point, My (biological) mother never disiplined us. She would let us get away with murder. She wanted to be our friend not our mom. I have no respect for her as a mother now. But I like her because she is a friend. With her I was smoking POT and Cigarettes at the age of 9. Driving illegally at 13. and never did homework. I really wish she diciplined us more.

I tried hiding those things when I moved back in with dad at 16. But that ended up in stealing His cars every night to Smoke with friends. I would make sure that I returned it with just the exact fuel in the tank, and if the miles were set I would make sure the trip was exactly the same every time. He knew something was up though. Especially when He got a call at 2 in the morning... "Dad I wrecked your car. I hit loose dirt, lost control and went off a cliff. But Im ok. Can you pick me up" That was the worst night of my life, because of guilt. He didnt show any emotion. Just picked me up... Brought me Home... and said "go to bed, we will talk tomorrow". No beating needed... I was doing it myself. What a lesson! I wished he would have beaten me, but being that disapointed in me was way worse. That was the longest night of my life....

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote