View Single Post
Old 03-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
01 D_Max

01 D_Max is on a distinguished road

I believe that spanking can work if done correctly. I also believe you can dicipline a child without spanking them. It really depends on the situation. But I would never smack my kid when Im angry, or in public. My parents balanced both well. I got spanked, and that sometimes kept me from doing what I shouldnt. My father would always tell us He didn't want to spank us, and that He loved us. Then He would talk it out, Why? Who? When? and all that. But He showed Balance always. My sister would learn from the threat of a spanking, so he would just talk it out with her... No spanking needed.
My stepmother on the other hand is a loving mother, but had a short temper and would slap our faces, and spank us till her anger deminished. She learned to tell us wait till your father gets home (threat). I never respected how she treated us. But I love her now that I realise she loved us and my father very much. So if done correctly spanking works very well.

Sorry to ramble but I thought of this... My brothers kid was 2-3 years old and would wander off. They are weird with dicipline IMO. anyway... Kid walks away from all the adults after just being told several times to stay with mommy, and starts into a 4 lane highway. My wife screams and I grab Him. My brother says what happened? Told him, and he "talks it out" with the Kid... WTF? thats BS! I would have spanked His ass. Why? because the whole time My bro is talking, kid is playing while getting buckled in the car. You spank Himn so he realises something serious just happened, then explain what it was. He will listen to you more for sure!

EFI Live/ DSP5 "MAX EFFORT" thanks to Rob Coddens

Built Trans, Bank's Ram Air Intake, Big Head Wastegate, Banks Intercooler, PPE Boost Valve, Ported Intake Horn, Shimmed FPRV, FASS 150 Lift Pump, 40 overs, Optima RedTops,
20" Forged Alluminum WELD's 33's Nitto Trail Grapplers
01 D_Max is offline   Reply With Quote