View Single Post
Old 03-24-2012, 12:44 PM   #33
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

In the research I did My DP cost slightly more than a new canned tuner. The DP you plug into the PCM, theres a little involved, but only took me about half an hour. The DP is programmed to your PCM code, and stays plugged in to the PCM and has a controller wired to it that you run up and mount somewhere on your dash.

the controller is removeable, you can get tunes like the no start I mentioned and also valet tunes that dont let the truck go over 35mphs. You can also get High Idles and abunch of other options.

I had a super chip once (sucked) and it plugs into to the OBDII port, which I think edge tuners do as well. Im not sure about the rest. The only downside to the DP is you cant monitor things, change up your tunes, or run diagnostics or 0-60/1/4 mile times and junk. and if you want more tunes you have to remove it and send it in. They make another controller/chip that has the same tunes and does the same thing but you can pay and download tunes from their website. It was a couple hundred more and I figured Id get all the tunes I want now and get more when my truck is modded eough to handle them.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....

Last edited by Bdons-SD; 03-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote