View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
iowaredneck

iowaredneck is on a distinguished road
Default rant on a bad day

well, some of you may recall that i was talking about a leaky caliper on the rear of my truck. went to pull it apart this afternoon and found a whole bag of tricks that was messed up. whoever had this truck before me, messed the rear end up. needless to say, i was thankful i had my mechanic buddy there to help me cause it just sucked. ended up having to tear the rear end apart. new pads, rotors, axle seal, axle bearings, rear diff cover, and rear caliper. apparently my rear bearings have been gone for awhile and were leaking fluid out into the brakes for awhile. the fluid ended up tearing my rotors, pads, and calipers up resulting in new brakes all the way around. the rear brakes needed to be done anyways, but still, parts ain't cheap nowadays and this day has been expensive. should be good to go now with all new parts in the rear end and fresh fluid all the way around. no pics while working cause i had grease up to my elbows, literally.

moral of the story, if you got leaking fluids, get that crap figured out before it costs you a whole lot more.

sorry for the rant, but not how i wanted to spend my upgrades money today.
iowaredneck is offline   Reply With Quote