View Single Post
Old 03-09-2015, 12:49 PM   #7
Mixedbreed

Mixedbreed is on a distinguished road

this is not a brand bash, i honestly like all of them, so please no reading into this more than that.

Cost is relative honestly. Any truck you buy and make more than a DD/stock HP type truck will cost money.

I know that I would go CR fuel if I buy another truck.

in the past I know that the duramax/alli combo was held to about 450-500 hp due to the alli and it overly smart computer that goes limp when it sees more than a few % slip. It never seems to act right after, and there were turbo/engine issues with each iteration of the 6.6. There is the weak tie-rod setup that plagued the IFS, but with money, you can have a bad ass GM.

Dodge/Cummins trucks have the rep for the worst front ends and a Trans that gives up quickly. Now let’s talk about that front main seal that that Cummins just happens to have a repair designed for. A great engine with a flaw. Again with money you can have a great Chrysler product.

Fords 6.0's and the head studs... yes it’s a ridiculous design but it was a gen set engine that ford decided would be a good engine to throw emissions on and make a light duty diesel out of. It is a flawless generator engine but not great when set up for OTR work. After you spend money (EGR delete, Oil Cooler update if you dont change to red coolant), it’s a great engine for the truck...

plus just about every hot rod diesel buddy that i know, (dodge/chevy/ford) has studded their truck. it is just smart.

So see, money is relative. It just depends on what your willing to spend it on... But it will be spent LOL
Mixedbreed is offline   Reply With Quote