View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #11
06VT365

06VT365 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by schroederMP View Post
Nice...hows business? How do you like the vortex?

I was looking to get into a side business with the Raptor UPol kits they sell on ebay...I've heard good things about them. And $110 for everything you need to do a bed with gun.

And yes, plasti kote is the best I've seen out of a can...I've used them all lol

Business is so so. the vortex material is awesome. But it a good chunk of change to invest. I bought the system cause there was a custom truck truck shop in town wanting to do them in house. My brother in law was a sales guy there so after we talked with the owner we agreed to a deal. they would offer them for sale, I could use their shop and they get 20% of ones they sell for me, and 10% of each one I do that i sold myself as rent.

So basically, I got a shop space for a great price and they got to offer another product to their customers. So I bought the system...$15,000 and went for training, got back got all setup over a weekend........3 days later they dropped a bomb on everybody when the owner showed up and locked the doors for good! He owed over hundred grand in employee witholding taxes!

So for the last 2 years I have been working out of my garage, havent really advertised it much either cause I cant fit a whole truck in my tiny garage.

I think if you had the space and some advertising it would go great, Ive just been too busty with construction to really push it ya know.

Sold
2006 F350 CC LB 4x4
MBRP - SCT X3 Vivian Tuned - Glowshift - Insight CTS - Sinister Coolant Filter -20 x 10 Moto Metal 957's - 295/60/20 Nitto Trail's - Vortex Liner - B&W

2002 F250 CC SB 4x4
International T444E Power
Bullydog 6 position chip
06VT365 is offline   Reply With Quote