View Single Post
Old 04-20-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
Bdons-SD

Bdons-SD is on a distinguished road

heres an update from my mom, i copied and pasted it from facebook since its kind of a lot of info.

Had a review of a CT scan this morning. The good news is that the cancer has NOT spread to other parts of my body. The bad news is that the tumor did not shrink after 3 chemo infusions as hoped. At this point the cancer is contained as the tumor itself. It did change shape and is no longer "inflamed" or causing irritation to other organs. Good for me as I haven't had any pain or major discomfort from carrying this thing around. In this case, the chemo did help as the tumor stopped growing/spreading. As of now, surgery will hopefully be scheduled in the next couple of weeks. They had hoped the tumor would shrink enough for easier removal, but at this point they will have to do the best they can with removing it at its present ~11.90 cm size. It's original size was ~12.97 cm. It did shrink a tiny bit but they still consider it pretty large. Will keep you posed as to how the surgery will go and results afterwards. Three more chemo infusions will continue after the surgery to finish the 6-phase infusion process. Good news or bad news depends on how you look at it, I guess.

2001 f350 Lariat 4x4 7.3, 3.5 inch
leveling kit, 4 inch turbo back straight pipe with black 5 inch turndown tip, 315/75/16 BFG at's, 05 harley heads, gauges, DP tuner 60 economy 80 towing 120 racing, WAAG frontrunner bumper guard....
Bdons-SD is offline   Reply With Quote