Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   THE new guy...lol (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=172)

crackerjack 04-08-2012 12:23 AM

oh yeah the best part about the truck. ya'll would probable like to know what kinda deal i got. i'm pickin her up for $5500
and i'm gonna build all the plumbing for the compounds myself. i'm a cheap a$$ and try to stretch every penny to its max lol. plus i have friends with waterjet machines so that helps

Davenportdiesel 04-08-2012 01:06 AM

That is one heck of a list man that's a lot of $$ worth of parts if I may ask if your doing roller rockers why only a 4k gsk? What all are you doing to the bottom end? That is one heck of a truck man if you need any help working on it just give me a shout be glad to help. Btw nice lookin truck looks a little familiar lol

crackerjack 04-08-2012 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davenportdiesel (Post 3219)
That is one heck of a list man that's a lot of $$ worth of parts if I may ask if your doing roller rockers why only a 4k gsk? What all are you doing to the bottom end? That is one heck of a truck man if you need any help working on it just give me a shout be glad to help. Btw nice lookin truck looks a little familiar lol

yeah i've got the money together though thanks to 2 deployments to afghanistan, and goin tdy 6 months out of year when i'm at home station, and bein a cheap a$$ that alomst never buys anything new (gonna break that for this truck lol). the roller rockers are probably gonna hold of for a little, they are just a habbit from bein in gassers all my life. bottom end wise or i guess i should say block wise, minus the head studs, down the road when i get a CR i'm gonna totally redo her. i haven't put much of a list together for that yet since it's a long ways off and finding the parts at good prices eats up pretty much all of my free time out here. when i do put it together and we meet up sometime i'll tell ya what i'm thinkin and ya can help me out since obviously you have more experience in diesels than i do

crackerjack 04-08-2012 02:00 AM

and i appreciate the offer for help, i'm sure i'll need it. the offer goes like wise for you, i may not be very noligable in diesels yet but i can turn a mean wrench and i learn fast. if you want pm me your number and if i cant bring the truck over i'll ride the bike over to meet up with ya while i'm on my mid-tour R&R. just incase you can't make it if we get a GTG put together for while i'm home

Davenportdiesel 04-08-2012 04:29 PM

Awesome man pm sent your way

crackerjack 04-09-2012 08:47 AM

got the pm. and yeah i think we got twins lol.

Midnight Smoker 04-10-2012 11:08 AM

Sounds like a good build plan. I would run a single stack on it myself, Single cabs pull off stacks way better then 4drs IMO......my only knock on the list would be the tires...I HATE KM2's.....They do not hold up well on these trucks. They wear like $hit, ride like $hit, and balance out like....you guessed it $HIT!!
:Rant:

crackerjack 04-10-2012 12:06 PM

oops i thought i put single stack. it has dual stacks now and i'm gonna change out to a single. cool thanks for the advice. what tires would you suggest?

crackerjack 04-19-2012 08:25 AM

well the truck has changed but the list is still almost the same
1997 Ram 3500, 4X4, 5speed, dually, regular cab with an 11' flat bed

UTAHFORD 04-19-2012 09:31 PM

very nice