Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Ford Truck General Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Project 6.BLOW (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=24)

Bdons-SD 05-24-2012 12:38 PM

This build is going on FOREVER! I'm startin to think you're yanking our chain. Do you even have a truck? :jester:

Agjake11 05-24-2012 01:26 PM

your telling me haha

Bdons-SD 05-24-2012 02:31 PM

I want a whistley turbo...

UTAHFORD 05-24-2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD (Post 4824)
This build is going on FOREVER! I'm startin to think you're yanking our chain. Do you even have a truck? :jester:

bwahahahahaha

06VT365 05-31-2012 11:33 PM

So do you need the A1000 to fget it running or just the regulator? Or is it just a while were doing it might as well add the A1000....that's usually how I end up spending my money!

Bet you really can't wait now!!!!

Agjake11 05-31-2012 11:47 PM

Were pretty sure that removing the secondary fuel filter killed me using the stock pump.

The new lines etc a1000 and regulator are at PSE and it should be up and running tomorrow for sure. I'll go get it sat am before the show that's right by the shop unless I get antsy and go get it tomorrow. Very ready to drive the crap out of it.

O and don't be like that guy blowing through a gallon of coolant every other week and think studs will fix it. Haha

06VT365 06-01-2012 08:38 AM

My money says you get antsy! I couldnt wait I know!

Hope it runs awesome for ya, and cant wait to hear how it runs!

Ya.....when hw said he was going through a gallon every 2 weeks I about crapped! I have maybe puked a tablespoon of coolant, just had a tiny trail running down the resivoir, and that was right after I had it in for service and they topped everthing off. I was wondering if they overfilled it maybe???? Although I know it builds pressure slowly so I know it has a minor issue. Up till then I thought it was ok since it had never puked, so I was thinking about the 1 at a time approch.

That was 4 months and 10 thousand miles ago, never puked again, coolant level stays good and temps are normal according to insight cts. So I am torn, cause when though its not puking, I know it builds up to 16 psi in the coolant system while towing after about an hour or so.

Thats why I asked him if he had checked psi before this....it would be interesting to know if there was any difference. Do I think its going to fix his problem, no. But I was thinking if it helps his problem at all, I would feel better about that approach to mine, since honestly if I hadn't checked the pressure I wouldn't have a clue that anything is wrong since it doesn't go through coolant and doesn't puke anymore.

But....i also already have the gasket set sitting in the garage, and I hate doing things halfa$$ed I will end up tearing it all down I know.

Anywho...i hope you get a nice weekend in your truck!!!

06VT365 06-06-2012 09:50 PM

Any news on your truck yet?

Agjake11 06-06-2012 11:29 PM

There was an event that came up. Progress stopped monday and didn't resume till today due to a family emergency at the shop.

Hoping soon but not expecting anything just yet.

Bigbluediesel08 06-07-2012 02:28 AM

I know your pain jake.. Still waiting on my sh** from elite. Hope yours gets done soon. anxious to know how it rides.