Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Ford Truck General Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   My bulletproof tow rig build. (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=61)

06VT365 03-15-2012 05:46 PM

My bulletproof tow rig build.

So after 134k realativly trouble free miles, I am starting to have some injector issues. So i figure now is the time to bulletproof my 2006 F350.

I tow pretty much everyday. Anywhere from 5,000lbs to the ocassional (once or twice a month for short distance) 27,000ish lbs. I would say my average tow weight is around 10,000lbs.

My plan is as follows:

Install the EGR delete I have had sitting around for 2 years!
Flush Coolant system before tear down - Refill with ELC after re-assembled
Have heads checked over and milled it needed, and valvle job
ARP's
New OEM Gaskets
Upgraded Stand pipes and dummy plugs
Upgraded Turbo supply and drain lines
Rebuild Oil Cooler
Warren Diesel 155/30's or maybe 50%'s
GoGo Stage 1 Intake -(not sure on this as its a lot of money and I can always do it at a later time, not to mention some of the stories about it taking months to get!)
Powermax Turbo with Batmowheel
Tuning by Matt at Gearhead (going with him this time as I hear he has the best tunes for the powermax.)
Dozers Regulated Return
DF165 Airdog Pump.

My Hopes with this build is to have a reliable 380ish rwhp tow tune, and maybe 475ish rwhp Race tune.

What do ya'll think?

I am really excited to get this going and start the tear down! Just waiting to get some more money so I can order my injectors and powermax! Hopefully within a month or so I can get this started!

Big'un 03-15-2012 07:13 PM

Dam what a list!!! Sounds good to me! :peace:

Bigbluediesel08 03-15-2012 07:15 PM

Nice build bud. I ordered a gogo intake manifold about a month1/2 ago, and still waiting for it to get here.

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:15 PM

Figure I might as well do it all at once! But money may not allow that, but I am sure gunna try!

westtnfx4 03-15-2012 07:29 PM

Yeah man that's a hefty list. Prolly going to need all that to make it bullet proof :jester:

I kid I kid.....sounds like a plan to me.

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 819)
Yeah man that's a hefty list. Prolly going to need all that to make it bullet proof :jester:

I kid I kid.....sounds like a plan to me.

Funny! I havent heard "i kid I kid" for a long time!

I know I could do way less, but figure I may as well get it over in 1 shot if posible.

westtnfx4 03-15-2012 07:37 PM

I agree it looks like you've covered all the bases. Should be one stout beast when your done.

Bdons-SD 03-15-2012 07:41 PM

Get to work man! sounds like youre going to have quite the rocket ship when youre done.

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigbluediesel08 (Post 810)
Nice build bud. I ordered a gogo intake manifold about a month1/2 ago, and still waiting for it to get here.

Thats my worry, seems to be the case with lots of people! I do have a spare intake laying around, doug said if I provided the core it would be 2 week turn around, but doesn't seem like anybody has got one that quick!

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bdons-SD (Post 826)
Get to work man! sounds like youre going to have quite the rocket ship when youre done.

Not sure about a rocket ship, but it should pull nice! I would like to go bigger injectors for a better race tune but fear them for towing. Plus I tow everyday, and only run it on the track couple times a summer. Although I wouldnt mind being suprised and seeing 500 rwhp on the dyno when I am done!! Don't think I will have enough injector to get there though.