Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   THE new guy...lol (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=172)

crackerjack 04-07-2012 01:56 PM

THE new guy...lol

hey guys, well i guess i should have put this up before i started goin thru the forum and commenting on posts but oh well. tdrive invited me on so again special thanks to him. i'm currently deployed to afghan for a year and am getting my first diesel on monday or tuesday (explain this a little further down), i'm from Newbern TN but based out of Langley AFB VA, i will be movin back to west TN after the deployment (seperating from the military), i'm pretty big into drag racing (you can check out the team i'm a part of, they are waiting for me to seperate to actively rejoin the team, just you tube wild rat racing), i like to help other people out and as long as i'm not working i will be more than willing to come help ya work on your vehicles or build some s*!t lol (i worked construction for about 5 years before i joined the military), i love to ride so if you ride and live within 6 hours of west TN i'll probably see ya some time.

ok on to the truck
monday or tuesday my parents are pickin up the 96 2500 4X4 i bought, i'd pick her up myself if i wasn't deployed.

so to the description of what she's got right now:
-12 valve from a 98 with 90K miles on it, 4X4, NV4500

-trans is rebuilt and under warranty still, the guy took it to the shop to get a clean bill of health for me and have the shop transfer the warranty to my name before he hands the keys over to me

-stock height (not goin much over this due to gonna be towing alot with it)

-straight piped 7" stacks

-4:10 gears

-new hub assembles, front u-joint's, and calipers

-IP replaced with the engine install

-256,000 on everything but the above listed thats new

-67gal aux tank

crackerjack 04-07-2012 01:58 PM

and now the goodies. i'm starting to order these as soon as my parents have the keys in their hands

-carli leveling kit (along with ride-rite to prevent the strang looking squat, and i want the extra height for driving through the fields back home, scraped the bumper and ripped the plastic chin off my sierra a few to many times)
-snow performance MPG-MAX
-4000 GSK with 60# valve springs
-dowel pin kit if it hadn't been done yet
-torq tek OFV050HP
-4" down pipe and stack kit with 7or8" single
-gauges of course fuel, EGT, boost on pillar drive pressure, oil temp on dash (all isspro)
-short shift if it's made for the 96
-south bend dyna max dual disc with 1.375 input shaft upgrade
-fass 95
-AFC tuning
-head studs/o-ring
-ARB air locker up front
-dynatrac free spin hubs
-considering propane
-hx35/HT3B compound
-"bald asian" injectors
-DDP 042 delivery valves
-AMSoil dual bypass
-#6 bd fuel plate
-timing tune
-aluminum drive shafts
-might try the tauras fans
-roller rockers
-4 corner disc's from ssbc
BFG KM2 305/70R17 mounted on ballistic jester black and red rims
-and plenty more i'm forgetting i'm sure

give me you opinions and suggestions

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...078c19110a.jpg
http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...3dd7f91e18.jpg
i'll get more pics when the parents pick her up

Big'un 04-07-2012 04:17 PM

Its gonna be hawt with jesters :drool:

Bigbluediesel08 04-07-2012 04:24 PM

Welcome! Nice build u got there.

tdrive0001 04-07-2012 06:25 PM

Sounds like he's got his $#it together...

westtnfx4 04-07-2012 06:34 PM

I like everything but the stove pipes. Just not a stack lover.

:welcome:

Big'un 04-07-2012 06:49 PM

Stacks ftw

06VT365 04-07-2012 07:03 PM

Welcome!! Nice list of parts too, I am with Abe on the stacks, not a fan of stacks unless its nothing but a puller or drag truck, but to each thier own!

Should be fun when its done!

Big'un 04-07-2012 07:37 PM

some trucks look goofy with em , but i think they will look sick in his RCLB

crackerjack 04-08-2012 12:11 AM

thanks guys. i've pretty much always been a fan of stacks. just not the god awfully over sized ones. but im also gonna do a custom made electric cutout that flows to a muffled pipe tucked up where you cant see it. it will be for when i'm in states that b!*tch about loud pipes, or for when i'm towin horses and various other animals
oh yeah i forgot to mention i dable in RC cars and was 2 weeks shy of graduating from industrial maintenance when i came into the military to ba a telecomm lineman/radio tower installation and maintenance tech. so i can do a few things with electronics and such. when i get home i'm gonna build an electric high idle switch. the way i plan on doin it the servo that moves the throttle should be pretty small. if it's successful maybe the other 12 valve guys will want one