Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Introduction (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Whats up.. New with dmax (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=56)

Dieselchick 03-14-2012 11:54 PM

Nice truck! Welcome.

06VT365 03-15-2012 03:02 PM

Real Nice Truck. I Love Black trucks, but I just don't have the patience or time to keep em clean!! That why I stick with White!

It's fun getting to chat with other makes. Interesting to see why people choose one over the other. I prefer Fords because I like my TRUCK to be a TRUCK. I will say GM has much nicer Interior in the earlier models, seems that Ford and Dodge are starting to catch up in that area. I prefer the Fords Ride Height, solid axle front end, and their big fatty weight. But there is not doubting the Duramax's potential!! I drove an 08 2500 Sierra a week or so ago, and it felt like to much like a car for me. But that just my preference.

HDdave 03-15-2012 05:31 PM

My next one will probably be white.. They are all a pain to clean though. I grew up riding in GM's so I am just used to them and like how they act. Its hard for me to drive another brand, the sfa just doesnt drive the same thats for sure. Definitely is a lot more stout stock for stock though.

01 D_Max 03-15-2012 06:22 PM

I like the streetability of the IFS, but GM should beef it up a bit. The earlier Fords (dont know about the newer ones) ride like lumberwagons. But then again it is a truck.
I just prefer the smoother ride, it's great on roadtrips. My truck is more compfortable than my car on long trips.

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01 D_Max (Post 788)
I like the streetability of the IFS, but GM should beef it up a bit. The earlier Fords (dont know about the newer ones) ride like lumberwagons. But then again it is a truck.
I just prefer the smoother ride, it's great on roadtrips. My truck is more compfortable than my car on long trips.

The gm's do ride nice, pre 99 fords are lumberwagons for sure! 99-04 are better but certainly no gm. 05 and up with coil springs on the front actually ride real nice. Of course crew cab longbed helps smooth the ride too. But even at that the gm's still are tops I will give ya that!

westtnfx4 03-15-2012 07:05 PM

Just a heads up silver is way easy to keep clean to :peace:

06VT365 03-15-2012 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 804)

The man speaks truth!! Silver is so nice and easy to clean!

HDdave 03-15-2012 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westtnfx4 (Post 804)

Damn straight! Growing up my Dad only ever owned silver trucks so I swore I'd never buy one. I keep reconsidering that though. I love how they look great all the time! Mine looks nice for 2 days after I wash it till the condensation runs off of it a morning or two later hahah.

Most guys where I live at least are not educated enough to know that a few simple upgrades and our trucks can be made bulletproof. My tie rods are 1 1/8" thick. Even when I tell people about that they still insist my tie rods are going to snap if I try pulling anything in 4x4. My builder has a 900+ hp pulling duramax that uses nothing but $70 tie rod sleeves in the front end.

westtnfx4 03-15-2012 09:40 PM

Yup I swore I'd never have another black truck before I got my last F250. I reconfermed that after owning another one. They look great but they are a chore to keep right.

The pics I took today when it was dirty you can't even tell it :jester:

01 D_Max 03-15-2012 10:07 PM

Pewter stays clean too... My truck never looks dirty... I only know it needs to be washed when the rims get dirty.