Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum

Heavy Duty & Diesel Truck Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/index.php)
-   Dodge Ram Truck General Forum (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   water/meth?? (http://www.hdtruckforum.com/showthread.php?t=192)

schroederMP 04-16-2012 04:54 AM

water/meth??

Anyone running it?

If so...

How much do you go threw daily driving?

How much has it really helped?

Is it even worth it?

Do you run it with a Smarty tuner?

I've done some reading and it supposed to lower EGTs and give you a little more HP. You can be set to were it only comes on at a certain PSI on boost.

I was looking to do this when I upgraded my turbo...just wanting to get some insite on it. Thanks

Big'un 04-16-2012 09:59 AM

Nah i dont do meth and drink water :D

schroederMP 04-16-2012 04:20 PM

SO you just inject water? No meth? I've actually heard of that being done also lol

06VT365 04-16-2012 07:56 PM

No sure about dodges but I know several ford guys that run it while towing real heavy to keep gets down.

Wish I could help ya more on how much it goes through but I don't have any personal experience with it.....sorry.

Big'un 04-16-2012 09:53 PM

Somebody says dang man wat u been shootin up and u say in waterboys voice "high quality h2o"

:jester:

schroederMP 04-16-2012 10:29 PM

Haha well...looks like I'll be writing a review when I do this lol

Stroked68 04-16-2012 10:42 PM

I have heard good things on it. Helps power and cooling down those egts. One of my dodge buddies said lots run windshield wiper fluid. Heard it works good. You usually dont use it daily drivin unless yer wantn to smoke someone that thinks can beat a huge 3/4 ton truck haha. Mainly for hauling and go fast showin off. I would love to run it in the ole stroker sometime when I get a chip or somethin. Lots of aftermarket companies that carry kits for water/meth injection. Driven diesel and SNOW make kits. Might check into propane too.

schroederMP 04-16-2012 10:45 PM

I was looking into te snow performance kit...and using my winshield washer fluid bottle for it.

I was gonna set it for like 18-20psi before it kicked on bc I never see them number unless I'm racing.

I guess we'll see :D

Stroked68 04-16-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schroederMP (Post 3541)
I was looking into te snow performance kit...and using my winshield washer fluid bottle for it.

I was gonna set it for like 18-20psi before it kicked on bc I never see them number unless I'm racing.

I guess we'll see :D

Let us know what you do, id be interested in doin somethin eventually with mine. Dont know how much it will give me in power since the 7.3's arent huge power houses BUT would def keep my egts down.

schroederMP 04-16-2012 11:02 PM

Thats one of the main reasons I want it is for EGT control... they claim 70-100hp in the CTD...so we'll see.

Next couple of months I'll be getting it!